Monday, September 3, 2007

Yummy Kahlua Cuppies

I found a little sugarcrafting shop in town. I have a feeling I'll be spending ALL my money here. Who needs to pay for a wedding when I have a little shop that sells pink dragees in it? Come ON!

(I'm just kidding honey.)

(Mostly.)

I loved my cream cheese icing so much that I used it on half of these, too.


The other half, I used a chocolate Kahlua whipped topping. And I stole that from the internet, too. I wish I could remember who I took it from so I could credit them. (If it's you reading this, please tell me!)

They totally deserve credit, too, because it was AWESOME.


Kahlua Cupcakes

12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. Kahlua
2 1/4 c. flour
3 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter, cocoa, sugar & vanilla. Beat for 3-5 minutes. Add egg yolks. Beat for 4 minutes.

In small bowl, mix water & Kahlua. In large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Alternate adding dry mix & Kahlua mix to the creamed mixture. Beat together between each addition.

With clean beaters, mix egg whites on high until soft peaks form. Fold the meringue into batter.

Bake 20-25 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.


Chocolate Kahlua Whipped Cream

1 c. cold heavy cream
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 c. confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp Kahlua


Sift cocoa and sugar together. Beat cream until slightly thickened. Add Kahlua, cocoa and sugar.

Beat until soft peaks form. Don't overbeat it!

1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

That chocolate kahlua whipped cream came from me! :D

Glad you liked it!