Monday, September 24, 2007

Don't Try This At Home

I found a recipe in an old cookbook my future mother-in-law has. It only had 5 ingredients, so I thought "what the heck!?"

Five ingredients. Three directions. Who could screw this one up?

Well, obviously ME.

Mint Julep Kisses

2 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp mint extract
2 drops green food coloring
6 oz chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually adding sugar. Add mint extract and green coloring. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.

Put in preheated oven and turn off immediately. Leave in oven overnight or for several hours.

Looked ok going in!


And they looked ok coming out!!



But....um.....well?


I had to chisel them off the cookie sheet. Since it's mostly egg whites, they pretty much vanished when I tried.

Can I just say oops?

USE BAKER'S PAM WITH THESE.

That is all.

4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Just when I was starting to feel woefully baking challenged, you show this! I feel a little better now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Totally cracked me up!!! Makes me feel better about all those gorgeous pix you've been posting. But to the all important question....how did they taste???

Anonymous said...

Parchment paper is good too!

~Meg

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I make these with my grandma. When we make them, the batter is thick. They stay in little "drop" shapes when we spoon them onto the pan...