Monday, September 3, 2007

My First Fondant

I move quickly. I went from box mix to working with gumpaste and decorating. So, naturally, I decided it was time to make some red velvet cuppies from scratch and, at the same time, try some fondant work.

The red velvet turned out so bland and dry and, uhm, NOT RED, that I won't share the recipe. Not that it was the recipe's fault...I'm sure I just screwed it up.

But the fondant didn't turn out too bad for my first time. See?



It didn't have the BEST taste ever because I just bought pre-made Wilton fondant this time. Next time I'll try to make my own....I found a fun recipe made with marshmallows. Hmmmm.

I also did some with cream cheese frosting:



The frosting was found somewhere on the net, too...and it's AMAZING. Love it.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

1 package Philadelphia cream cheese
1 stick unsalted butter
4 cups confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Blend until smooth & creamy.



(Though, I usually add a little more vanilla...because I can, yo.)