Monday, September 3, 2007

Good Sugar Cookies! Yay!

These were so good, they were gone in no time and I didn't even take any pictures. The recipe makes a boatload of cookies, so be prepared to give them away to friends. The recipe says 5 dozen...I got 3 dozen with large cookies.

(My friends are yelling at me a lot lately...saying something about making them fat? I dunno.)

But I wanted to share the recipe. It came from an ancient cookbook my future mother-in-law has. I changed a little bit...but not enough to be scary. Go ahead. Trust me.


Sugar Cookies

1 c. vegetable oil
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. confectioner's sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt


Beat oil & butter. Add confectioner's sugar and sugar. Beat well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Stir into sugar mix. Mix well. Chill dough for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll dough into small balls (mine were about golfball size) and place on an ungreased baking sheets. Slightly flatten dough. Sprinkle with sugar - regular or colored decorating sugar.

Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown at the edges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So we do we get to share recipes? I've got a really great one for Tea Cakes. My aunt got it from her greatgrandmother. Supposedly they made them on the prarie or some such thing. Anyway......I heart those. But I'm going to try your sugar cookies too. Hehe! Assignment-----learn how to make Snicker Doodles and then let me know. *)