Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Kinda Want To Make Out With These

Um. Hi. I'd like you to meet my new yummy lover, Mr.Vanilla Lime Cupcake. Today he's wearing Madagascar Bourbon vanilla buttercream. Oh. My. God.


Hi there.


A friend of mine said, "Um. Why don't you do something citrus?"....so here he is. And I love him. And I really need to stop referring to a cupcake as 'him' because it's annoying even me.

Another friend of mine (hi, Shannon!) told me that I need to start showing how I decorate...like a step-by-step kind of thing. And I think it's a great idea. And I totally ignored her for this post. HA! Try and tell me what to do again. Mmmhmm.

But I will next time. Honest.



Vanilla Lime Cupcakes

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
zest & juice of one lime
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
4-5 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla (I used the Madagascar...but you can use any ol' kind)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and zest until smooth. Gradually add sugar. Beat 3 minutes or until fluffy.

Add eggs, 1 at a time. Squeeze lime juice into a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to fill to the top. Add vanilla and combine.

Combine flours together. Alternate adding parts of flour mixture with liquid mixture, mixing as you go.

Fill baking cups up to 1/2 full.

Cook 15 minutes. Rotate pan and cook another 5-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Vanilla Buttercream

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Beat butter & cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar at low speed until blended. Increase speed to medium and add milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.

(For these, I added a little green gel food coloring for effect. Just add a little at a time until you get the desired color.)


Pssst! Hey! Guess what?

After typing out this recipe, I realized that when I made the icing, I used 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 3! MAN, I'm awesome.

Told you I'm no Paula Deen.

Obviously, I'm going to be fatter, though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem!!!! So apparently Michelle and I both requested step-by-step guides..........but you ignored both of us. Pfft! O.k., I'll forgive you this time. But only since these cupcakes look so yummy!! ;)

BetteJo said...

So, what do you DO with all that you bake?? You obviously aren't eating it all yourself. I'm sure people would love to volunteer as taste testers but I don't think I know that many people! You bake a LOT!

Anonymous said...

Newbie - OMG. I'm a moron. I'm going to fix that right now. Like I said in the email...wtf? Who is Michelle?!

Bettejo - No way, I can't eat all this! I actually have been annoying my friends with my weekly visits. They're tired of all these fattening cupcakes already. HAHAH! Want some?

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy!

You can call them *him*, better than *her*.
Because if you think about its.. cars are *her*, boats are *her*, storms are pretty much always *her*.. Let the cupcakes be *HIM*

I bet those cupcakes were delightful with that extra cream cheese.. mmmmmm

Tango Cakes said...

Michele - Oh man...they were SOOO good that I kept the extra cream cheese in the fridge and stick my finger in it when I need a sugar rush!

(This can't be good for me! LOL)