Thursday, September 6, 2007

I Baked ALL Freaking Day

I ended up making 8 dozen cupcakes today. That's, almost a hundred cupcakes, people.

The first thing I did was make the lemon ones my friend ordered. They turned out great! And cute!! See?


Then I started the chocolate raspberry cuppies...and was a little worried at how they looked going in. I was 100% unsure about them from the beginning. THEN I forgot to turn on the timer so they didn't cook the right amount of time. That pretty much sealed the deal.

What I got out of the oven was total crap. So much crap, this is where they landed:

Trash can city, baby!!

Yeah. Fun times. So I got nervous about the lady wanting chocolate cuppies and decided to make my trusty backup. Chocolate Kahlua! (I love those!)

Mmmmmmm.

After I made 2 dozen of those, I decided 'what the hell' and tried the chocolate raspberry ones again...this time making up my own choc/cream cheese icing and messing around with the recipe a little bit.

This time they turned out good! Yay, me!

So, after all that, after EIGHT DOZEN cupcakes, here's what is going to the client. (Client! HA!)

Only TWO dozen? What a sissy!

And, by the way, Shannon, I did make a step-by-step of the lemon cuppy decorations for ya. I'll post that tomorrow!

For now? I'm going to bed. And NEVER BAKING AGAIN.

Until tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you a pastry chef in a former life? Those are beautiful!!

BetteJo said...

Really gorgeous cupcakes! I don't think you're going to be able to avoid baking now Honey, you're in it.

Heres hoping you love it - because you're gonna have lots of customers!

Tango Cakes said...

Michele - Thanks! I dunno...I think I may have been. I've always been fascinated by desserts! I'm not big on eating them all the time, but making them is just TOO fun!

Bettejo - Thank you! I think I'm pretty deep in it, too. An hour after I posted that, I'm ready to decorate something again. So I guess you're right that I'll never be able to stop. LOL And I hope you're right about the customers!

Anonymous said...

What can I say other than "Congrats!". You should be so proud of yourself, I know I'm proud of you!!!!! Great job, they look unbelieveable!!!!!

Stef said...

I'm impressed. I still haven't made more than 48 at a time. I'm going to have to in Dec. for my friend's wedding, but for now I'm sticking to 24 at a time. Yours look great!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

oh man i hate it when cupcakes dont come out right. it ruins the WHOLE DAY!

anyways, i'm glad everything else turned out okay.

nice work!

Anonymous said...

Stef - Oh my gosh...making something for someone else's wedding would seriously make me ill right now! Of course, after only making about 10 dozen cupcakes in my entire life doesn't help that. Heh.

Howtoeatacupcake - Thank you thank you! It was a strange day...but I didn't murder anyone by the end, so it was a success in my book!