Friday, September 14, 2007

Mint Oreo Cupcakes. Seriously Dangerous.



Mint. Oreos. In a cupcake. Come ON.

I'm not going to give you the recipe though. How ya like THEM apples?

Let me tell ya...this has MAJOR potential. But there were a few little things I want to change with the recipe(s) first before I put it here.

The cupcakes turned out a little bubbly...so a bit flaky. I know what I did there. And the frosting needs a few tweaks, too. So I'm going to make these again tomorrow and get them perfect for yas. Then? Ooooh, then....you will be in love. I promise.

But I did learn some stuff today while making these:

  • Don't buy cupcake liners from the dollar store.
  • French buttercream is my new best friend.
  • So is Wilton tip #1M.
  • Make sure new best friend #2 is out of the sink before turning on the garbage disposal.
  • Don't put the cap on the mint extract...and then lick your fingers.
  • If you bake a bunch of cupcakes, be sure to change your clothes before going to the movie theater...it's a tad embarassing when you have to explain what the HELL is all over you.

4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Both of my kids would be wild for that. I'm a communist I think, I don't go for mint very much, and Oreo's - well - don't tell anyone but I scrape out the cream and just eat the cookie part.

But I do agree that these would be BIG because I think my kids (who are 21 and 23) tastes are closer to the norm than mine. Still - the picture makes them look yummy!

Anonymous said...

I want... must have... How much to send a dozen to Nashville?!?!?

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Haha your pointers are fantastic! What was wrong with the dollar store liners?

Anonymous said...

Bettejo - I don't really do mint TOO much either...but these make me fall in love! I bet your kids would love 'em!

Michele - I wish I could!! I'm terrified of how they'd turn out! LOL

Howtoeatacupcake - The liners were really thin...and they stuck to the cupcakes in a baaad way. They tore off in little pieces. :(