Friday, September 7, 2007

Making Yellow/White Flowers

I was asked by a couple of people to provide a step-by-step on how I made the decorations for my lemon cuppies. So, though it's not as spectacular as it seems...here it is. :)

This is for a dozen finished flowers.


Materials Used:

About 2 Cups Rolled Fondant (I just used Wilton pre-made fondant from Michael's)
Yellow Food Coloring
Rolling Pin
Two Sizes of Fondant Flower Cutters
Round Tipped Sugar Crafting Tool
Foam Pad
12 Dragees (#1 Size)


Separate fondant into two pieces. Tint one piece with food coloring until you get the desired color. Mix well by kneading.

Roll each piece of fondant to about 1/8" thickness.


Cut 6 small and 6 large flowers out of each rolled piece. You will end up with 24 flowers altogether.




Place each flower on the foam pad and press in the middle with the round-tipped sugar crafting tool. This gives the flowers a slight curve.


Assemble the flowers as shown below. Large white + small yellow + 1 dragee. Or Large yellow + small white + dragee.

Attach each with a small drop of water.

Ta-da! Flower!


Then, just stick the flower(s) on the cupcakes how you want to decorate them. I just used one on these, but you can get all kinds of creative with 'em with different sizes, etc.

7 comments:

BetteJo said...

Fondant! Fondant? Never knew that was anything other than .. er .. something I've heard of I guess.
Glad you know how to use it - so pretty! And you're teaching me things. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you my love!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Directions! Now apparently I have stuff to buy...'cause you know how much I hate to shop. HA! But sugar tools...ummmm...no idea!

Anonymous said...

You are Amy Sedaris all over again.

Accept hotter and with better boobs.

BlondeBlogger said...

Can I call you Martha? I'm so calling you that now. Mrs. Martha Tango. :)

Anonymous said...

Bettejo - LOL! Learn something new everyday, huh? You should try it. Seriously, it's like playing with play dough!

Megsy - Anything for you, hotness!!

Newbie - I'm waiting for your pictures, missy.

Jenny - Oh my god. Does that mean we're gonna get married? Cuz I'd say yes. (Don't tell my fiance.)

Blondie - You can call me anything you want, puss. hehe! I'm seriously going to give you a cupcake one of these days.

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Nice job, those are beautiful!