Monday, September 3, 2007

Red Velvet : Take Two

And, like my second round of sugar cookies, this try turned out GREAT! I was very pleased with this recipe...which I stole from Paula Deen. Of course her stuff is going to turn out good!


We had a gigantic bake-off for Labor Day at my future in-laws house. The females were in the kitchen, baking fun stuff and the men were grilling and taking naps on the couch. (I'm going to love being a part of this family! Swooooooooon.)

I can't get enough of that cream cheese icing, so I used it on these, too. I just added pecans on top for a little crunch.


Red Velvet Cuppycakes

2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 . sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. buttermilk, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tbsp red food coloring
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. In large bowl, gently beat together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla with a hand mixer. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.

Fill cups to 2/3 full. Bake 20-22 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through.




Oh. I also wanted to show you my new toy that I'm so freaking excited about!! I got it off Amazon. And it holds 24 cupcakes! And I used it today! And I big poofy heart it!

WOOOOOOO!


Yes, I'm easily amused. Shut up.

3 comments:

BlondeBlogger said...

I'm trying to diet and you're trying to sabotage me with this blog! LOL

Did you see my reply back to you on your comment over at my blog? There's cupcakes involved. :)

Congrats on the new blog, girlie! Love 'ya!

Anonymous said...

I can feel my butt expanding just looking at these cupcakes! They are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Blondie - No, no...if I were going to sabotage you, I'd send you a box full. So...what's your address, again??

Michele - Thanks! And sorry about your butt. Welcome to my world. :)