Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Strawberries & Cream


I was in the mood for something strawberry, so whipped out my favoritest book ever, "Crazy About Cupcakes" and found these recipes.

All I need to say is....YUM!!!

Strawberry Cupcakes

1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, cut up in small pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.

In separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.

Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix for 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, fold in the strawberries and vanilla.

Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.


Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

6 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
4 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, cut into small pieces
Lemon juice, as needed

With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the strawberries. Mix well. If you are using fresh strawberries, you might need to add a little lemon juice to reach a spreadable consistency.



By the way? The frosting was so good that I licked the beaters. And the spatula. And the spoon. And maybe even the counter when some dripped on there but I probably won't admit to that if you ask me later...

5 comments:

BetteJo said...

You mean you don't always lick the beaters? Wow, those look awesome!

Anonymous said...

How sweet (literally and figuratively)! Such a romantic little cupcake. I love the flowers.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the flowers...I can only imagine that they took you a sweet forever

Barbara Allen said...

Lemon juice. My God.
My Granny died nearly eight years ago and I've been trying to replicate the strawberry frosting she made for all these years from a recipe she took to the grave. I knew I was missing something! It's all coming back to me now! Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!
-- bob (friend of doc pants)
www.dividedistand.com

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Haha, you licked the countertop?? LOL

I have that book, so I'll probably try these since you say they're so good!

:D